Friday, November 29, 2013

Getting ready for the Analogue Hobbies challenge

I thought I'd just post a quick update on the priming orgy that's going on in Wilde Goose Mansions at the moment. A nice rule, that is, in the challenge, where all the figures can be prepped and primed before the painting onslaught begins on 15th December.  Prepping is a chore at the best of times, so it's good that this can be dealt with beforehand, and not spoil the painting mojo.
I have put myself down for 1000 points which works out at about 200 x 28mm figures. Now as part of our project to run a small Battle of Austerlitz scenario, I already have about 6 battalions of Austrians and 12 battalions of French (plus artillery) to paint up, so this would easily get me over my quota.

Into the mix I've thrown a side project of late WW1 Brits and Germans, which I'd also like to get finished. I also have quite a lot of the Orinoco Miniatures figures primed, but I aim to paint some of these up before the competition (for marketing purposes), the rest will be painted during the competition.

Now I've been fiddling around for a few months trying to find a decent approach to taking photos of miniatures at home. Needless to say, I am not happy with the results of my efforts. So below is an experimental purchase that I hope will allow my figures to see the light of a decent photograph, and be used for all the painting challenge submissions... wish me luck.


No comments:

Post a Comment